Any tips on faster herb growth?

Sequoia

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Just wanted to check -- you're using correct lights, yes? Regular bulbs won't work, you need something in the 6500k range for fluorescents.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
The oregano, rosemary and thyme are going to be slow growers at first, anyway. They are perennials, and woody stemmed, so it's just gonna take longer. Parsley is a biennial, I think, and as far as I know, basil is an annual. Don't know for sure about that. I always treat it as an annual. Mine bit the dust this year aready, so it is an annual in my garden!:D I grew parsley, oregano, dill, sage, and basil from seed this year. Dill was fastest, followed by basil, parsley, then oregano and sage slowest. Like lesa said: patience is the biggest factor.

Mackay

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Plants can take their sweet time. I find that oregano is very slow to come on, basil quicker. Sage is slower too. Soil temp is key but always make sure your potting soil is fortified. I add a touch of old goat manure, a bit of sea kelp and azmonite trace minerals to make sure the plant has everything that it needs to do its job well. Then the timing of nature will take its course.

I have goji berries that I planted in mid august. Some sprouted right away, others are just sprouting now..go figure. All planted in the same soil, same tray, same light, same water. 2 came up last week, two this week and I have some that are over 3 inches tall.

Latest posts