Any use for sliding glass doors?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That greenhouse is enough to make me start hoarding sliding glass doors, that is for sure!

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
100_9077.jpg

Another shot, front east side view of recycled/repurposed window, sliding patio door GH.

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
So . . .

this is where all those heirloom tomato plants begin their life?

:cool:

Steve
LOL! Sort of.. The GH is unheated, so I start all tomatoes from seed in my house! The seedlings are then moved into the GH and put in a cold frame (which I also drag into the GH come early spring).. I just put in hot water bottles and cover with blankets at night..Till planting time!!

Thank you NinnyMary...

Ginny

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a beautiful greenhouse. You're the first ones I've seen use a greenhouse as I do. I plant right into the ground in my tunnel greenhouse. It extends the growing season at both ends. I imagine you could heat yours pretty easily. I don't think my tunnel would hold the heat well enough to make it worth the energy spent.

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you Catjac. Unheated, the GH still gives me about a three month extension on my growing season. I have yet to grow greens all winter, but plan on starting some from seed in about a week to see how they do this time of year. We just raised one side of the bed slightly, and filled with composted chicken and goat manure etc. Planting right in the ground is easier for us!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
barefootgardener said:
Thank you Catjac. Unheated, the GH still gives me about a three month extension on my growing season. I have yet to grow greens all winter, but plan on starting some from seed in about a week to see how they do this time of year. We just raised one side of the bed slightly, and filled with composted chicken and goat manure etc. Planting right in the ground is easier for us!
I have seen matts that you put under the soil and then plant on top of them-might work for you. I think they were in the greenhouse megastore . Also found a solar heater-very pricey. I would get one if I had a greenhouse like yours. It was over $600.00 Can't find it right now.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
barefoot, I promised myself I would try to grow greens or spinach in my greenhouse- and haven't started mine yet. Would you mind sharing what you are going to plant and how? Will the greens go directly in the ground?

Latest posts