Anybody with advice on vegetation killer?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
UPDATE: No pictures, YET.
Last year I didn't clean up all of the burdock that I bushwacked down, so I essentially replanted a bumper crop!!!! :th:th:th:th:th
Desperation is another parent of invention, so here was My solution for 2016. I got out my 2 reciprocating saws (electric) and I have been sawing, piling, moving NO LATER than the next day, piling up and burning them in the "inner sanctum," the fenced in area in front of my barn, where the horses cannot transport them anywhere else.
I cut and cleared all burdock down the fence in the picture earlier. I cut and cleared all burdock in my training area. This morning I cut and cleared all the burdock in the inner sanctum (except the pile to burn, of course.)
I see a light at the end of the tunnel! I have been mastering weed & Grass and Vegetation Killer and the sprayer this whole summer and I have plenty of it left to kill whatever burdock thinks it can survive. This fall ALL 1st year burdock left is gonna get sprayed, and I also have a "dragon" that runs on propane for burning weeds. I have been taking pictures and I'll post them all when I am done. I hope to be finished in the next 3 weeks. Timing is really crucial because once they go to seed they begin to dry out and you'll get the seeds and irritating burr pieces falling on your neck as you saw, so you want to cut them in flower AND green. I've been there, done that, not EVER again!
This was the BIG job that I didn't wanna do, BUT, I think I can finish it! :ya

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Never a favorite task of mine either. I usually manage to keep them short with cutting or mowing. After a few attempts to regrow, a lighter application of round-up will take the weakened plants out.

Latest posts