Anyone Eat Black Radish For Health Benefits?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DW made too much sauce for our spaghetti dinner and has promised to bake a macaroni casserole for today.

She used quite a lot of ground beef and, whereas, I like her to do that as meat balls, she usually just scrambles the beef in with the garlic and onions, then the sauce.

It works out that way to hide the fact that our (my) sauce is so seedy from using just regular type tomatoes. If I didn't have such a commitment to the slicing tomatoes, and suspicion towards paste types, I'd make better sauce with paste tomatoes. I bet.

Heinz 2653 really was early enuf for me to grow. However, I was in a little bit of a panic the final days as the weather cooled and the loaded plants were just then just ripening fruit.

Steve

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve I wonder if what you call a macaroni casserole Italians call baked ziti? Everyone where I grew up called all pasta macaroni no matter what shape.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My pasta experience is limited. I'll admit that Mac and Cheese is almost an unknown in this house.

I expected DW to use elbow macaroni but it's on the top shelf and I was outdoors moving compost ;). Instead, she used the small seashells. I think she prefers those because they are cute, so she keeps them on a lower shelf.

We have 2 sizes of seashells, bow tie, rotini, orzo, angel hair, spaghetti, and linguini. There might be some penne. Then, there are the Asian noodles :).

Steve

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was out this morning and guess what I found
image.jpg

That’s right black Spanish radish. Guess I’ll be more healthier now .:celebrate

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not Italian, but I sure broke some wooden spoons over my children's little behinds.

haha, yep, Mom's chosen weapon, very effective... we were just talking about this last Wednesday at lunch with one of my brother's as he was the last one she broke a spoon on. at the time she smak'd him we broke out laughing because it broke, but also because she couldn't really hurt him any more... that was the end of that.