Anyone else’s neighbors constantly set off fireworks around Holidays?

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The neighbors here started setting off fireworks last weekend and will probably start up again tonight or tomorrow depending on weather and will probably set them off for a few more weekends. New Years is often worse since people are off for work for longer. Some start setting off fireworks a few days before until school starts back. The neighbors I had when I lived closer to Birmingham would set them off every single night for at least a week before and after after either holiday. 14 nights in a row! In a neighborhood!
Anyone else got neighbors like this?

(sorry if there are any horrible Grammer or spelling problem my phone is having trouble with the site and I can’t read and type at the same time.)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always intend to clean the roof gutters before July 4th.

Climbing up on the ladder tells me that they need it. Fortunately, the windy days have blown the leaves off the roof itself. I think that with all this heat, just hosing it down and soaking the leaves in the gutters will make me feel more comfortable. However, bottle rockets aren't very common in recent years.

Now, if folks will realize that the patriotic thing to do is reading a little American history rather than endangering their neighbors, we would all be better off.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
not that much, but the neighbors here sometimes have a small display for a few nights. now that their kids are away more i'm not sure they'll have much. i'm not all that fond of them, but it's not something i'll get upset about either.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have neighbors that blow up the neighborhood. It scares the dogs and they go into a panic. We put them on the porch or let them in the hours. Great big dogs quivering like a shaken bowl of jello……..

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I'm in suburbia so yeah, it will be pretty constant fireworks for a while. Lots of people setting them off. I personally don't mind it but it will be really rough on the dogs.
Agreed! Thankfully, Pyg who is 13 1/2, has lost some of her hearing. Eva isn't at all afraid, so when I lose Pyg, Eva will be training a puppy that probably won't be afraid.
Funny, the horses aren't really afraid, and if I keep them trapped from the North Pasture, they manage quite well with the stimulation and some sense of protection.
Then, again, when I reenacted NONE of my horses feared gunfire. We would often wait just in back of the cannons. THEY could feel them through their feet, but they learned to ignore the sound and would often want to graze during the lulls in the battles, even with the noise going on.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I will say I don’t mind people setting off fireworks on the holiday or even the day before and even go to see the display in town some years. Its the people that set them of for a week or more that annoy me. One of our dogs hate them along with any similar noise luckily most of our neighbors are far enough that they don’t really bother her. But when the closest neighbors set them off or the fireworks display in the closest town is going off then it freaks her out pretty good. It also scares the crap out of the chickens. The foster puppy hasn’t heard them much so no idea how he’ll react.

Latest posts