anyone else counting monarchs??

bayouchica

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
So far I've seen 6 in the last couple of weeks!!! I was laying on a blanket in the garden, hanging out with the chickens & one did a flyover,right above my head. Just too cool.

Still have a few things blooming, zinnias,lantanas & different kinds of native flowers. I did try & grow some different types of milkweed.. the only one that made it was the tropical. I hope it goes to seed so I can plant some more around our property next yr.

We've been in a drought here, but we're lucky to have an irrigation pump to keep some stuff alive. I've never seen it so dry here, someone please send some rain,lol.

Yeah been awhile since I've posted, nice to see everyone still hanging out. :)

Miriam

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've only had one visitor so far this year that I've seen but she found my milkweed and now I have a cat chomping away at it. I'm trying to keep track of it so I can see it come out of the chrysalis and spread its wings. I won't be able to support another one without losing the plant. It's still pretty small but I have others coming on. By the time the main flight gets here i should be ready for them.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
My garden has been busy with them! They are so beautiful! I am a little worried about the ones I still see here in NY state. It seems awfully late for them to be hanging around- calling for frost tomorrow night...

bayouchica

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I saw another this afternoon!!! I don't know if I just never paid attention or more are passing this way.
Seemed like it was in a hurry,lol. didn't stay in one place for very long.

they are so beautiful, I hope they'll come back here in the spring. Try to get my milkweed started early for spring.

We had a cool spell, now it's almost 90 again.. atleast the humidity is low.