Anyone ever dehydrate?????????

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Okra????? I have started a batch of okra seasoned w/ savory spicy seasons. I just put it in the dehydrator tonight we'll see how it turns out in the next few days and let yot know,

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My husband got me a dehydrator for my birthday....... so basically he bought himself a dehydrator and SAID it was for my birthday.... LOL

gardentoad

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Have not done any, but it is in the works to get one in the spring.

Don

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I put the okra in last night, so we'll see how it goes. I've never dehydrated okra before, though I do dehydrate other fruits and veggies. I'm hoping for crunchy w/ slime control! :lol:

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The first of the dehydrated okra is finished this morning. It turned out pretty good. If you like fried okra you will like the dehydrated seasoned okra. It is very crunchy which I like, but it does retain some of the okra texture, not an obnoxious amount, I think I could get used to eating it, even like it. I seasoned it w/ garlic powder, black pepper, and a cajun mixed seasoning.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I hate okra, but have dried zucchini. I like it. I have been using my dehydrator a lot this year. Mainly on tomatoes, but I have also dried cherries, peaches, grapes off my vines, several types of tomatoes, and next will be apples.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
wifezilla, I agree not a big okra fan either, but it grows so well here, I'm trying any method I can think of to make it edible. It is actually very healthy and low in calories, high in "B" vitamins and trace minerals.

I'm also dehydrating peppers right now, plan on grinding it for my own pepper powder/flakes depending on how ground it gets.

Latest posts