Anyone Ever Order From Willis Orchard Co ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I want a weeping Mullberry tree that will fruit. Someone here posted that most weeping mullberry are male (no fruit). The Willis Orchard Co claims all theirs will fruit. The tree is $150 plus shipping, for that kind of money I want to make sure I can trust them to send female. Has anyone had dealings with this company?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nope!

It might be noted that most weeping fruit trees are carried through seed and plant catalogs rather than through fruit tree nurseries such as Willis Orchards.

They have me beat on the most money I've spent on a tree, but they must graft the trees so they should be able to tell if their grafted scions are from fruiting females.

Love, Smart Red

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have, I ordered a few grapevines from Willis Orchards a few years ago. Boy was I happy with the vines they sent me, they had a lot of good roots that were very long and vigorous. I'm planning on making an order for this Spring with some fruit trees.
I say give them a try you won't be disappointed ;)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well I called willis ,was going to break down and spend the $150. The young man was not very informative, when I asked about shipping (website says to call) He told me $400 to Ny. I told him happy New Year goodbye.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would call again. You may have just gotten a dopey kid who does not really care to work. They could have someone drive there and back for less than that!
Nyboy said:
Well I called willis ,was going to break down and spend the $150. The young man was not very informative, when I asked about shipping (website says to call) He told me $400 to Ny. I told him happy New Year goodbye.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks cat thats good to know. i was going to call back because the kid sounded young and it was New Years eve. Now I will stay away thanks for the warning. healthy New Year to all.

Tony O

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
You may be better off going through one of your local nurseries and see about having them special order one for you. ;) They'll know who to talk to and what to ask for to get exactually what you want. If they can get one through one of their regular suppliers, the shipping would be absorbed some coming with their regular shippments. :D

Latest posts