Anyone Going Shopping On Friday?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Who among us is brave enough to partake in the frenzy tomorrow morning? Personally, I don't enjoy being in crowds at all, so I would rather spend the extra money just to be able to avoid the crush of people. I do a lot of shopping on line, if I have to purchase rather than make a gift. I don't like to rob the local stores of my dollar, but there aren't that many local stores left anymore. Paradox, eh?

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Let's see... am I shopping on Black Friday, hmmm.... heck no! I've heard some pretty bad stories about Black Friday shopping. If I was going though, I would come in riot gear to block any blows and push the thieves away!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Family tradition here. Don't need anything but go. & I hate crowds, long lines, waiting, etc., I know makes ZERO sense & illogical. Wife (who lives to shop) stays home while DD, son, & his girl friend & I go. She never went till she met son and is now addicted to it--normally we never shop. Go figure.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: ........no
the only shopping going to be done is picking up supplies to finish up hanging air line at the conover store... after that time to go home and finish up preparing for our thanksgiving dinner on saturday

otherwise would love to be a fly and watch the mayhem when the doors open and the brawls start over something on sale. it's amazing what happens when there is one item left and 2 people grab it at the same time..
it's like 2 dogs fighting over a bone, time to stand back and watch the fur fly.... :hide

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn, of all the people on this forum, you are probably the last person I would have guessed goes shopping on Black Friday. Just goes to show you we all don't really know that much about each other. Have fun!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am amazed at how on one day we celebrate with family and friends to give thanks for all we have...

...AND THE VERY NEXT DAY SO MANY GO OUT SHOPPING TO FIGHT WITH EACH OTHER OVER THAT LAST SMART PHONE ON SALE...

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Seedcorn, of all the people on this forum, you are probably the last person I would have guessed goes shopping on Black Friday. Just goes to show you we all don't really know that much about each other. Have fun!
& you should be correct. Huge personality flaw of mine...... What can I say, have imperfections. :lol: I will leave resteraunts if I have to wait very long, will not buy something (unless necessary for life) but enjoy BF. I'm a walking contradiction. Now if I had to go, would not do it. Would pay more so I wouldn't have to deal with people.

Marshall, if you go with mindset of fighting with people, need to stay home-I know some are that way. I'm more like that walking idiot smiling saying "hi" & watch people look at me like I'm on drugs.......then I laugh at their astonishment. That totally confuses them. Amazing how some will rush to get away from me and others will try to help me look for whatever I say I'm looking for. It's a hoot.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn, I can't believe you go shopping on Friday. I didn't think many men here on the forum would.

As for me, I,m debating. I've been saving for a nice purse and would like to go shopping but hate the crowds. But what I really don't like is not being able to find a parking space. Now that's where it gets to be dog eat dog world! My husband said our stores are gonna be open at 8:00pm and all through the night. That would be an ideal time since it didn't interfere with my cooking or dinner but I don't know. I don't think it's safe out there!

Mary

Latest posts