Anyone Going Shopping On Friday?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I avoid black Friday completely! There is not a thing I need. So much of the ads are just bait and switch. "Doorbusters" they have 2 of... Nope, I will stay home.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You may be right Mary but here in nowhere Indiana, it's good. Go with idea of having fun, messing with people, maybe buying a few things-I go through ads-you find it enjoyable. The parking is bad so I look for the farthest and usually find one closer-a good thing. From what I'm reading, not just one of few men but people that will go.

Meeting up for b'fast afterwards and telling each other stories of what happens is fun as we each try to out do the other one on stories.

Lesa, for me not about need, about fun to do something different with family. If I get it fine, if not, no biggie.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Uh-uh, nope, no, nada, nicht, nein, negatory. No way I'm leaving the peace and quiet of my country home for a dangerous dally into the lion's den. I may take a leisurely shop via internet on Friday, but I'm stay'n home. 'Sides, after Thanksgiving dinner I can barely roll down the hall.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know what you mean, I had more than enough trouble trying to get my butt upstairs afterwards! You forget "nyet" that's Russian for no. What's nicht? Dutch?

Fred

Leafing Out
Reaction score
We're going!

Not so much to shop, but more for amusement.
Black Friday has got to be the best day of the year for observing
the human species regressing back towards basic primal instincts.
Wow, some of the things we've seen in past years. ..Whew!

Might even pick up a couple things if not too much trouble, but otherwise
it's a leisurely half-holiday. Just walking about, eating out, seeing the
big hullabaloo and catching the Christmas spirit.

Fred

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't like shopping during the best of times!

Oh, I suppose I find it a little bit of okay to wander around in the mall - on a quiet, weekday morning. But, I'm there for a stroll. Maybe a cup of coffee. I almost never buy anything! Not unless I already have the need, know exactly where I'm going -- then, I'm outta there as quickly as possible!

I don't like shopping :/.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not I!

I'm with you, Steve. I dread having to shop any day of the year. It drains and exhausts me mentally. I usually come out of Walmart in tears, partly because 3 little baggies of junk cost a couple hundred dollars or sometimes because my kids have embarrassed me in public.

If the FedEx man can't bring it to my door, then I don't really want it. :p

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn, I wouldn't mind parking far if I could find a space but here the lots are full! You drive around in circles hoping someone pulls out and then you get into a shouting match as to who got there first! That's the part I dislike. I usually will go a few miniutes before the store opens to find parking and the first hour is very pleasant with few people.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, now I have to admit that I MAY go out shopping for a little while, later this morning, but only to two places: The fabric store that I patronize is having a really good sale till noon, and I may get some "stash" fabric. I have such a hard time deciding on patterns and colors, tho. I can never get out of there in less than an hour. :/ And I need to go to the feed store to get some chicken feed. I'm hoping the biggest rush will be over by the time I venture out.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weakening, eh?

I was just outdoors in the lingering darkness. It is like another world because it is so foggy! Here is a foggy place that could be another world. What happened to the British??

Black Friday Frenzy!!

The Daily Mail - didn't read much but . . . !

Steve