Anyone grow Sun Berries?

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It sounds like some catalog-copy sales name for something else... do you know what other name it might have, or could you describe it?

Pat

warmfuzzies

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Are they the same type of thing as huckleberries or wonderberries? They are in the tomatoe family, and they are supposed to taste somewhat like blueberries. I have four of them under lights right now, and let me tell you they GROW! :D

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Never hears of sun berries either. Be sure to let us know how they taste when you get a harvest i'm curious.

Ellie

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I've heard that sun berries and wonder berries are the same thing. Could be wrong...
I also planted some for the first time. My but they do grow well. They already have berries on them. I understand that you are supposed to wait until they are glossy then go dull before you harvest them.

It will be fun to try them anyway. I just learned that they are an annual not a perrenial as I thought.

Ellie

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses!
I am planning to just scatter seed, I ran out of peat pots and tomatoes are more important... hopefully it takes off, I have just the spot for it!!!

Latest posts