Anyone have cute ideas for veggie markes? (Pics Please)

jktrahan

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm tired of the same old Popsicle sticks, i'm doing a lot of work this year on the visual appeal of my garden adding raised beds, vertical planting, dog eared fence, etc... and i'm trying to think of what would make some awesome plant markers.

Any ideas?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I did mine on some wood, and then painted and stained them with deck stain. Stapled some of the landscape staples to the backs and stuck them in the ground. I forgot to take them up in the fall, and they are pretty much wrecked now. But worked out for about 2 years.

This year... I'm thinking old spoons! Only $0.10 each at the thrift shop! :)

(Writing on them with a dremel with a metal bit.)

jktrahan

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Or maybe some wooden spoons with a wood burning bit... hmmmm

Keep the ideas coming. Thanks,

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've used the paint mixing sticks-painted solid color then i painted the picture of the type of plant that it marked along with the plant name.

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Do you have kids? One year I had my little one paint rocks white then paint a pic of the veggie, she made tomato, carrot, cuke etc. They were pretty cute.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got the spoons at the thrift shop!!!! :D

I also found the have a 'metal engraver' at ace hardware... my husband grabbed it. It takes some getting used to, but writes pretty nice with some practice... its was only $10!!!

I'll try to find time to work on them this week and share pictures.

But I have a part time job now, and my business (plus GREAT weather for the garden) so I can't make promises I get it done. Too many things are more important, so I miss out on the creative fun stuff. :p

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When ever I buy plastic cutlery there always seems to be left over knives...I use these as markers, handles up, names painted on they seem to last a few years

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
What about colored pencils? Dollar tree has them in a 12 pack for 1$. Put the blue ones next to broccoli, the green ones by the onions...etc etc. It just kinda hit me when I saw a pencil laying in the driveway under some ice and it was a Halloween pencil. It weathered the winter pretty well....I'm sure summer would be a breeze. lol

Latest posts