Anyone have cute ideas for veggie markes? (Pics Please)

AmyRey

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
momofdrew said:
When ever I buy plastic cutlery there always seems to be left over knives...I use these as markers, handles up, names painted on they seem to last a few years
Good idea!

ShowMe31

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Plastic knives, what a great idea. As my luck would have it my hubby managed to get a box of 1000 plastic knives last week and I was wondering what to use them for. I was like seriously, we haven't gone thru probably 50 plastic knives in the 15 years we've been married. Nice to know that they just might have a good use.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
MuranoFarms said:
What about colored pencils? Dollar tree has them in a 12 pack for 1$. Put the blue ones next to broccoli, the green ones by the onions...etc etc. It just kinda hit me when I saw a pencil laying in the driveway under some ice and it was a Halloween pencil. It weathered the winter pretty well....I'm sure summer would be a breeze. lol
I like that Idea MuranoFarms

ToxinFreeRainforest

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I use plastic venetian blind slats. Cut them to the length you want.

If writing on them with 'permanent' marker, take a blank stick and place it on top of the one you wrote on to cover the ink. Put both in the ground/pot and the extra label will prevent the sun/elements from erasing the writing.

When I have plants for sale, I print out sheets with general names (i.e. oregano, thyme, johnny jump-up, etc.) onto return address labels and adhere them to the sticks. I use a sealing spray before I remove them from the sheet, and they last a good couple of years.

I would provide pics, but don't know how to upload them - sorry!

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I can't get the pics to show up in Vfem's photo lineup. :(
jktrahan, love the wooden spoon idea, that's unique!
And Chickie'sMomaInNH, that's a great idea too. I've always got them laying around, I wish you'd post a picture, those sound like they'd be so nice.

Murano farms, nice site...wish I had room for corn :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sorry MB, I don't own the rights to that site anymore and the photos were lost. I would have to dig them up again, but I stopped using those signs actually last summer. The wood did fine until I forgot to reseal and the wood split. My fault! :/

LVVCHAP

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
ToxinFreeRainforest said:
I use plastic venetian blind slats. Cut them to the length you want.
Recently my wife was replacing some mini blinds. I cut up the slats and now have a whole bucket full. If you would use paint for the lettering I would think they would last quite a while.

Latest posts