anyone have some of these seed?

ohiogoatgirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
dad took forever to order my seeds so he went to order them today and the company was overloaded with orders and wont be taking more orders until march! i need to start my plants before then (some i should have started already) and now this! so i'm ordering from rareseeds.com now. but the other site had stuff that i really want that this site doesnt have.

so if anyone has seed or root cuttings, etc. for some of these do you have some extra? :D pretty-please-with-a-cherry-on-top! i will buy, trade, whatever. if no one does then i will just have to order the seed later and have it for next year.

herbs:
chicory (blue flower /weed kind)
elecampane
peppermint
valerian
angelica
comfrey
red clover
rosemary
sage
st. johnswort

thank you, thank you!

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh man! That is terrible. I know seeds have been selling out a lot over the last few years but stopping orders? Yikes!

I might have some red clover. I will dig through the seed box.

ohiogoatgirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
thanks. i ordered from baker creek. i got things that i wouldnt have from the other site but i want these things too.

there is some red clover growing in spots here on the farm but i'd never thought to get seed from that. and when i did think about it there was about 2 foot of snow... my dad said there is a bunch of mint in this swampy field so i'll have to go search for some over there, and hope i can find some and that it will transplant.

thanks!

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just went to order some sweet potato slips which don't ship until May and the variety I wanted is already sold out! :p

Found 2 others that will work, but still. I guess the economy is turning more people to gardening faster than I thought it would.

oberhaslikid

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have the comfrey and the mint,I think mine is spearmint. My mom has peppermint for sure.
What you want to trade?
I will check on the Rosemary and sage seed,my rosemary looks dead.

ohiogoatgirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
thanks! i have like a gallon jug of pumpkin seed i've saved... i have some indian corn to spare... uhh.... were you looking for anything specific? i have to see what extras i have...

oberhaslikid

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Pm me your address and I will send it out and you can send what ever you think its worth.
I dont really need any seed but I do have grandbabies ,cats dogs,Goats, chickens.Youll come up with something.
It will be a surprize for me.

ValerieT

Sprout
Reaction score
hello I have st johns wart growing if you want starts.. also peppermint always glad to dig some up... here in Virginia its pretty invasive. let me know

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have different varieties of sage...about 7 different mints...and compfrey....I'm willing to share.

Rozzie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Since I moved a year ago, my perrenial stock is low so I don't have any to share. However, I do want to chime in and say that for those things that you CAN plant in March (and in Ohio you should be okay still) Baker Creek is worth the wait.

I drive past there every now and then and stop in once or twice a year. (I'd offer to go for you, but my trips are VERY irregular and I might not go past when they are open for business.) They have excellent seeds, though the occasional packet or variety is a complete dud - as with any company.

Latest posts