Anyone incubate eggs?

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am waiting on building or buying an incubator until I find out if I can "do the deed" that is the dark side of incubating eggs. :hide

AllyRodrigues

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have 18 Indian Runner Ducks "cooking" right now! They are almost better layers than my hens and good bug catchers!

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Kassaundra said:
I am waiting on building or buying an incubator until I find out if I can "do the deed" that is the dark side of incubating eggs. :hide
Now you're making me wonder what the "dark side" is? Is this referring to taking care of the 'bad' ones that may be present in a 'litter'?

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
RickF said:
Kassaundra said:
Now you're making me wonder what the "dark side" is? Is this referring to taking care of the 'bad' ones that may be present in a 'litter'?
The extra's mostly boys. (processing)

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Peaches and Iris are still setting... peaches has 2-3 day olds and I have an other one just hatched today and at least one pipped... peaches stole 6 eggs and iris stole 3 a week after peaches started so we will see where it all ends up...they have not left the coop yet... the mommas usually hatch a couple and then take the babies to free range right away but this time they have stayed on the other eggs...which give the later ones a chance to servive...

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had about 10 Royal Palm turkey eggs in the bator, all candled good but I only got one to pip but it never hatched. I left all in for at least 7 days past their due date and checked each when the time came to quit. They all had well developed chicks but no life!!!

On the other hand the 2 hens have a nest of probably 15 or more and so far have hatched 4 in the last 3 days. Mother nature is soooo much better than I!!!!

THANX RICH

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have 20 Easter Egger eggs in the 'bator right now on day 11. Since my flock has been nearly wiped out by predators I'll be hatching all summer to try to rebuild.

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Fair warning Desert, baby quail are about the dumbest creatures on Earth. They will drown in 1/8th of an inch of water. We have several breeders here and they all advertise on Craigslist, so you might want to check your local page.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yep line the water dishes with marbles so they can get their beaks in and drink but not enough to really submerge their beaks. We had buttons and they were not that bright either.

Latest posts