Anyone Know About Potbelly Stoves ?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed - Let me dig up an old photo. Poor thing made it through losing our house since it was on the porch- it burns fine but needs some new paint.
The one attached is when it was on the porch (not being burned then)- it's behind out little Heeler if you can see it. It's a Dandy, made by Columbus Ironworks out of Georgia. Managed to pick it up for $75 I think it was?
View attachment 29710

Love that pic!! Beautiful porch, dog AND stove! That stove is in excellent shape and I love the lines of it. Very basic but functional design.

Here's a link on information about that company and what a history it has for ironworking....impressive!!!!

http://www.castironcollector.com/columbusiw.php

HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy - Unfortunately, while the stove does give off great heat for short sitting spells and cooking, it doesn't stay heated long. I was every hour re-filling on wood. Not a long-term burner. Heard some people put coal in them too, but we only kept Oak hunks (nearly half the size of normal corded wood at about 8 inches). Many a good cup of percolator coffee and skillet pancakes/sausage/eggs made though on it

@Beekissed - I actually saw that link and got alot of history on the stove after purchasing it. I love that stove- couldn't part with it.

Latest posts