Anyone Know About Potbelly Stoves ?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
AWWWW!! Too bad!
I have a winter project. It is called, "Spring Cleaning as if you are moving."
When DD and I went Black Friday shopping at Menard's we did the "Menard's Black Friday shopping thing", which is to grab a 40 gal trash can on wheels as a shopping cart. I THOUGHT that everybody just bought the trash can, which is what I did, but a clerk was checking for the receipt as we left.
Still, I replaced the missing basement trash can that had to go to the barn when I dropped down a bale of straw last winter and broke it.
I also bought a package of garbage bags to fit and they are stored at the Bottom of the trash can so I don't have to look for them when I need them.
NO EXCUSES for throwing away in the basement!
I have another trash can upstairs in my sewing room from a kitchen trash can from the old office that we no longer need since we don't have a kitchen at the new place, just a suite of 3 offices in a building with a very nice break room and the RR's have showers!
When you prep right you can do A N Y T H I N G!!!!!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a winter project. It is called, "Spring Cleaning as if you are moving."

I have the same project!!! :woot We are systematically going through each room of the house this winter, cleaning out, refurbishing/touching up paint, organizing, streamlining.

The month of Dec. has been dedicated to my own room, which is getting an entire makeover from top to bottom...just finished bumping out a window seat to make it deeper and will finish the paint on that part today, hopefully.

Other rooms will be getting a lighter touch but still changing a good bit. All closets, all cupboards, all storage places cleaned out, eliminated down to bare essentials, shelves put up to provide more ways to organize, etc.

By spring I hope to have spring cleaning already accomplished so that I can just go outside and get started on the many projects there.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
My eldest DD has a phrase that helps.
She says to look at what you want to throw away but somehow CANNOT.
You say, "Thank you for your service." Then drop it in the trash bag.
"By spring I hope to have spring cleaning already accomplished so that I can just go outside and get started on the many projects there."
ExACTLY!!!!!!

HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Beekissed - Let me dig up an old photo. Poor thing made it through losing our house since it was on the porch- it burns fine but needs some new paint.
The one attached is when it was on the porch (not being burned then)- it's behind out little Heeler if you can see it. It's a Dandy, made by Columbus Ironworks out of Georgia. Managed to pick it up for $75 I think it was?
IMG_6281.JPG

Latest posts