Anyone Make Tea From Their Garden ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just picked up a fabulous china tea set. I know I am spouse to be on a budget but it was dirt cheap. It is ether Roman or Greek themed. Half naked men and women in togas, chariots and griffins . makes me want to make tea :lol::lol::lol: with fancy little sandwiches. I know many garden herbs can be used to make tea does anyone ? What are some simple garden teas ? Maybe a tea party in the garden is in future. Seems safe enough even for me no setting kitchen on fire or food poisoning

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My favorite herbal tea is a combination of chamomile and mint. For awhile we had a lot of chamomile growing wild on our hillside, and we always have mint growing next to our brook, so I used to pick and dry both for tea. Now that woods have grown up and shaded the hillside where chamomile used to grow, I buy an organic version of the herbal tea I used to put up myself.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
chamomile and mint.
I enjoy chamomile and spearmint "sleepytime tea" - Celestial Seasoning.

Dried catnip is tasty. Fresh catnip, nope.

Lemon verbena just by itself is good. With anise hyssop , it's excellent! My lemon verbena plant is getting olde!

I have one anise hyssop plant this year. I just hope it makes seed, altho they aren't hard to find for sale. The tractor guy was much too thorough and evidently wiped out my volunteers!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
German chamomile is an annual.

I tried growing it, one time. Maybe, there was too much shade. It's the flowers that you want and they are tiny!

Unfortunately, the number of flowers I had off the plants was tiny, also.

Steve

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
"That must hurt buying what you had for free."

Not really. The way I look at it, if I'm not growing it myself, then I can support someone else's endeavors by buying it from them. The tea I buy is an organic version of Celestial Seasons "sleepytime tea" and I like to support organic growers, so it is a win/win for me, and the tea is wonderful! I look at the chamomile that once grew as a gift from Mother Nature that we collected and savored. Now we have a lovely forest to walk in where the chamomile once bloomed.

DigitS, yes chamomile does love sunshine! Here's the one photo I took of ours back in the day (the bees loved it too):

Attachments

• ChamomileWithBumblebees7Oct2016.JPG
    ChamomileWithBumblebees7Oct2016.JPG
    774.9 KB · Views: 10,487

Latest posts