Anyone Make Tea From Their Garden ?

MatthewsHomestead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
So wish I had a pic of my mint plant. No clue what kind it is but it's beginning to flower and they almost look like lavender..... Any ideas? So for chamomile it's the flowers. For mint the leaves. Sassafras the roots.... I need to be journaling all this!

MatthewsHomestead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Anyone know what this is?
IMG_20180728_184258.jpg

MatthewsHomestead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Dandelion can also be the roasted root.

It looks fairly benign. Does it have a square stem so that it is some kind of bedstraw? This one might be in your area:

Piedmont Bedstraw

It looks like there are dozens of species.

Steve
Not sure. I'll check in a while. Just hadn't seen it before so was wondering...... I like to know what's what so I know if I should encourage or eradicate based on if my animals can eat it.
Wow. That was a mouthful. Lol

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just picked up a fabulous china tea set. I know I am spouse to be on a budget but it was dirt cheap. It is ether Roman or Greek themed. Half naked men and women in togas, chariots and griffins . makes me want to make tea :lol::lol::lol: with fancy little sandwiches. I know many garden herbs can be used to make tea does anyone ? What are some simple garden teas ? Maybe a tea party in the garden is in future. Seems safe enough even for me no setting kitchen on fire or food poisoning
The old idea of if it's on sale you are saving money. Hahahahaha

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have several mints.

Why? DW.

Since I don't have chamomile, none are used in tea. Brush my teeth and I might chew a stick of spearmint gum. Peppermint Patties are okay. Difficult for me to enjoy it if mint surrounds me every moment of my life.

Steve

Latest posts