Anyone pollinate your fruit trees?

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi,
My Apricot Tree has just started blooming on this very first day of Spring :ya . I'll post pictures when the tree is in full bloom. Just wanted to know if anyone has hand pollinated any of your fruit trees. Since my apricot has bloomed so early I want to ensure I get some apricots in case the bees aren't out to pollinate. Are you just suppose to take pollen from one flower and bring it to another flower to the pistol (the female part of the flower)?

:bee :bee

Thank you!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I would think so if you can reach the flowers in the tree...using a little paint brush transfer pollen the way a bee would do it... there are insects out so I would think the bees were too...

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks momofdrew!

I started pollinating the tree today, theirs many more flower buds that haven't bloomed yet. Hopefully I'll get a few apricots that form.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wouldn't hurt to try- but my bees have been flying for weeks... So, you might get some help!

kevs-chickadees

Leafing Out
Reaction score
My one plum tree came and went with no bees, I tried to hand pollinate but apparently it didn't work. No plums on that tree.:( It was one that would require cross pollination from another tree so I borrowed blossoms from my Santa Rosa. I probably just don't know what I'm doing.:lol: Good luck!

Latest posts