Anyone read the $64 Tomato?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like reading books about peoples gardens. The $64 T0mato by William Alexander is a enjoyable book. After adding up everything he spent for garden he realizes it comes to about $64 a tomato. Ebay has used books starting at a dollar. Anyone looking for a light read for summer should get the book.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Funny! I should write a book about the $7000.00 egg!
:gig

Shhhh... those chickens believe their eggs are worth more then that!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, my wife has been into weaving for about three years. I'd hate to tally up the cost of a tea towel. They're pretty though.

Some things we do for the enjoyment. To me, my garden and my chickens are worth the cost, even if I could buy that stuff cheaper, especialy if you add the hours it takes. For my wife, it is the weaving.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let's not go into how much our eggs cost. My husband is always grumbling about that and the fact that our organic feed costs $38 a bag, and we have to drive almost an hour thru construction (which he hates) to get it! :lol:

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
A friend sent me that book NYboy. It's pretty funny, but I caught myself wanting to tell him "no wonder you're having trouble with_______, all you need to do is ___________." :D

He should have joined TEG when he bought his first tomato plant.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thistle- I thought the exact same thing! It was definitely an entertaining book, but I found myself scratching my head at some of the things he did.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
With the use of compost and heavy applications of bunny berries plus encouraging natural predators instead of chemicals my garden costs almost nothing but my sweat.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
YEAH Hoodat, that is what we are hoping for when we get things established. Got friends with bunnies, chickens and horses. So we can take our pick :)
My Brohter bought a bass boat and caught very few bass. Every time he'd catch one he'd say somthing like. Hmmm another $1,000 fish!

Latest posts