Anyone taken the GRE test recently?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
As a Bachelor's Degree graduate with 100 extra hours of college, 232 hours total, your preparation is the key. Here are a few articles to help:
DH is an atty, and so is one DD. They both, of course, had to take the Bar. Both took the wretched course of 6 weeks of how to pass it. Neither of them used that to practice law, OR what they learned in Law School. DD got into Law School without TAKING the LSAT. Law associate said that she should have taken the course and would have been able to get into a better law school with a better LSAT score. DD didn't want to go to the University of IL Law School, she went to SIU Law instead, by choice.
Funny, DD has been practicing for 5 years. Associate has been practicing for 10 years. DD has the better reputation. Associate is lazy.
The key is to use the site I sent you and look up any others. THIS site gives you 30 days free, but remember to cancel before the 30 days is up.
I set up files on my computer when I took my extra hours. Copy and paste EVERYTHING YOU THINK YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW. Study very hard so that you can pass it first time. Hopefully, the bar has been lowered enough since you graduated that the test will be a piece of cake. If you don't study and fail it, the wind Will go out of your sails and give you a bad taste to try again. I know from personal experience.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So I've been using Magoosh.com and I'm impressed. It's been easy to use, welcoming, has practice GRE tests you can sign up for (I'm taking one tomorrow as a baseline) and the instructors aren't scary (that's a thing).

Anyways, they had a deal in June that for $163 (or something like that) you got access to their site for 6 months. I imagine I won't need that long, but we'll see. I plan to go through the course work, take a few practice tests and then jump at the real one in Aug or Sept.

Latest posts