Anyone Use Bobcat Urine For Deer Control ?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do these things work until it rains? We have some kind of chipmunk here also, the little ^&&*%$##_))*!

We used to have chipmunks, but our cats ate them all. Maybe you need a cat?

Some of the deer repellents I use have a 3 month life span, rain or shine. But I don't think the predator urine ones do.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle is right again deer that have never been hunted ( city deer) have no fear of man. Dog hair or human soap is going to do nothing. I watched a chow I had repletely throw her self against a window, 3 deer where grazing a few feet on other side not worried at all. Bob you need to watch some videos on youtube Bobcats can bring down full size deer.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have used it for wood chucks with some success. Of course it needs to be reused often. I am surprised that with your dogs , they still come around.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The dogs in town are mostly afraid of the deer because they are aggressive. Last summer I got to a clients house and there were two deer, barely 10' away from the open front door, browsing on the landscape. :somad
Inside the house, lying in the entry were their two dogs. "I ain't goin' out there, are you?" they seemed to be saying. Haha.
One of them got chased and struck when he tried to chase a deer off the property, so he will have nothing to do with them now.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle is right again deer that have never been hunted ( city deer) have no fear of man. Dog hair or human soap is going to do nothing. I watched a chow I had repletely throw her self against a window, 3 deer where grazing a few feet on other side not worried at all. Bob you need to watch some videos on youtube Bobcats can bring down full size deer.
I hunt deer on my friend's sheep ranch on the Coast Mountain Range of Central Cal. . His ranch backs on the Marine Training Base. There was a huge male bobcat that killed quite a few of his lambs up to 3-4 months of age for 3 years. None over 3 months of age. During the fall hunting season of the 3rd year, I spotted a huge bobcat on the next mountain side from where I was, took aim with my .208 and took him out. Later, I checked it in at the Fish and Game inspection station, where it was confirmed that that bobcat was the largest one taken in the area that they know of. I had the head and hide mounted. The Rangers said that the bobcats kill fawns to about 3+ months of age but rarely any older ones. They will kill some older fawns if the fawns are sick or injured. My friend didn't loose any more lambs to a bobcat for years after I shot that one. However, he did loose lambs and ewes to coyotes and a cougar.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes I learned that last year. I don't use much, in fact I don't think I have any more and don't plan on buying any more... But they work great for chipmunks in my rock wall.....
I found out the hardway that mothballs DO NOT work for gophers and moles ... all they do is bury them and then go about their business. :barnie

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is an animal chaser that you attach to your hose. It is a motion or heat detecter and shoots out a hard stream of water at the animal. Don't know if it works. How about a bobcat sound that goes off every so often. I had a recording of a barn owl. My dog went nuts when she heard it.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess Bobcat are like coyotes different sizes depending what part of country. Our coyotes are 2x size of west coast. There is a Bobcat that lives here in White Plains don't think it causes any problems. Client told me every morning about 5am drinks from his pond. He has 2 pitbulls that willn't go near it.

Latest posts