apple tree help plz

Naughty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i will be the first to admit i am very naive about fruit trees and i think i made a booboo

my apple tree that i bought from walmart was transplanted early spring and had lots of green happening - so i was a happy camper

i was out feeding the veggie garden some miracle gro - and gave a very diluted drink to the apple tree - now it is looking like it is not happy at all! i didn't realize that new trees shouldnt be fertilized

is there anyway to save it - or do i just budget for another apple tree?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sincerely doubt one dose of miracle grow, would kill an apple tree.... How has your weather been? I would suggest really getting it watered well. Not from a watering can- really soak it with a hose. I wouldn't consider it dead, until next spring. You should surely save up and buy another though!! :lol::lol:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
New trees need to be watered very deeply once a week during the growing season for the first year after they've been planted. Put your garden hose on a steady trickle and set it at the base of the tree and leave it there nearly all day. There's other things that might be at fault here, but I'd say that is the most probable cause, especially as we are moving into the heat of summer.

I've had that happen too and all the leaves fell off of a new apple tree I planted a couple years ago and I thought it was a goner, but with the deep watering it came back and flourished the next year once its roots got established.

Naughty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i love you guys - you give me hope. i've been watering my poor tree pretty good - plus is raining like crazy this year - will keep at it and see what happens

Latest posts