are pumpkins heat tolerant???

ShortCircuitRanch2332

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
this may be a dumb question but I never thought about it till I seen the forcast for this weekend today 105 tommorow 112 and sunday 111 :/ so will my pumpkins be ok and if not what can I do to protect them??

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is hotter than it ever gets here- but pumpkins generally are growing in the heat of summer. So, I am going to guess, you will be ok. I would be sure and keep them watered- so they are not under any extra stress. Are these fairly mature plants, or tiny seedlings? You could provide some sort of shade, if they look really sad.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Don't panic if your pumpkin leaves look like a limp washrag in the heat of the day. They should recover overnight. What matters is what they look like in the early hours of the morning. Keep your soil moist at all times but try to keep the leaves dry. Damp leaves after sundown are an invitation to fungus. It's best to water pumpkins by irrigation rather than overhead watering.

ShortCircuitRanch2332

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
yes it is very hot and miserable now were having electrical storms and the humidity is BAD
thank you lesa and hoodat for the help :)

Latest posts