Armed and fabulous

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am more upset about grandmom and kid in crossfire.Pulling a gun in crowd is not good. I am pro gun, I strongly believe people have the right to them. I do believe people need be trained on gun safety.

Last edited:

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am more upset about grandmom and kid in crossfire.Pulling a gun in crowd is not good. I am pro gun, I strongly believe people have the right to them. I do believe people need be trained on gun safety.

I strongly believe in proper training. This just shows(me) that she either was not trained properly on what a real threat could be or she just went threw the course to get the permit. I dont think she had the right to pull her weapon at all. There was no threat according to the news cast. To me she is a dangerous person who will kill someone who is allowed to carry a weapon.... and IMO doesn't need to.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll give my take on some of this. I'll say it again to be clear. I have guns and intend to keep them.

I'm very disappointed that he US congress passed a law that federal money cannot be used to actually study gun violence. That means we don't know what we are talking about because we don't have data to back it up, we can only assume. Even what data we can get is tainted because there are no standard terms for what the categories are. Something can mean one thing in one state but something different in another when there is data to start with, often there is not. Reporting is often not mandatory. You often compare apples and oranges.

With this lack of data those that do try to study it see little actual difference in death by guns in crimes with the variation of open carry, concealed carry, or ease of having guns in a state. They give different reasons for that. Of course there is no real data to back that up but it seems to be a trend. Where they do see a huge increase in death by guns where guns are easy to get is in suicides. There are mixed feelings on how much difference ease of having guns make in crimes of passion, mainly family disputes. I thought those would go up but that’s not a given.

In reading up on it there seems to be two things that left wing and right wind constitutional law experts agree on. We have a right to bear arms. The government does have the right to set limits on that right to bear arms. This is where all the disagreement in constitutional law experts comes from, what are the limits on those limits.

Locks are to keep honest people honest. Laws are for the law-abiding but they at least make it possible to punish some people for doing something stupid. At least they are guidelines of what is acceptable behavior. You are never going to stop something from ever happening again. You are dealing with people, mental health is not that precise a field, anyone that wants a gun can get a gun. But just because you will never stop a mass killing from ever happening again doesn’t mean you quit trying. Your goal should not be to stop each and every one, it should be to stop one. Even stopping one is a success.

I believe background checks and requiring training before you carry in public are reasonable steps to prevent one and make us all safer.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
This lady in the video may have had a traumatic experience in her past that made any black man approaching her seem to be a threat. That probably couldn't be "screened" for, unless everyone who applies for a CC license went through intense psychological testing. Pretty sure that idea wouldn't go over well.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Background and as well as mental health tests are just fine and dandy , but .... Many years ago, I had a friend who had a Phd. in Veterinary Anatomy, was a University Professor, married with 2 children, wife was pregnant with 3rd., ( wife was a daughter of a very prominant family in town) he and his wife owned a 5 acre farmette with sheep and horses, we hunted together. Great guy and salt of the earth. He would have passed every test that one would want to administer for gun safety and profisionsy. One day he snapped and killed his wife and 2 kids then had a standoff with police before he killed himself. Newspaper headline " Family Tragedy " . :idunno :caf

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We all have our views on guns and gun laws. I am a firm believer in having a permit to carry. Yes there will be people out there who will have a gun with out training and a legal permit. I am totally against this new law WV decided to pass... But I do not make the laws.... I do how ever do my very best to protect my self and family from what ever may come at us.
I do not want any political arguments about the laws of gun carriers permitted or not to cause problems here. The only reason this was posted was to show that I am able to handle a gun with practice and lots of training