Article on honey bee hive collapse

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH started bee keeping last spring. We had a great summer. Winter was a bummer as we lost ALL three hives. He thinks it was due to the exceptionally LONG and BITTERLY cold winter here. He will keep trying. I will show him this article. Thanks.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh, Carol, that's too bad you lost your bees! Thanks for sharing that article seedcorn, it was interesting.

kathiesgarden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks for the article Seedcorn. I have a neighbor who keeps bees and was very happy to see the honeybees in my garden last year. Carol, sorry about your loss, but am glad you're going to keep trying. Good luck with them this season!

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
DH started bee keeping last spring. We had a great summer. Winter was a bummer as we lost ALL three hives. He thinks it was due to the exceptionally LONG and BITTERLY cold winter here. He will keep trying. I will show him this article. Thanks.
Sorry about your bees. My neighbor lost one of his colonies this winter and a good portion of his other, it is already showing :(. There are no where near as many bees around the hives as usual.

Last edited:

Latest posts