As long as it is raining --

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I keep myself busy like this. . . I stained and varnished the router table son made.
router table.JPG

Also did the billiard rack son made for his dad.
billiards rack.JPG

And the microwave shelf he designed to give me two more inches of space for the oven and toaster, plus a shelf to keep the phone safe from water.
microwave shelf in use.JPG

(Hah! Seems I'm cooking Red legs for supper.)
Waiting for the panel doors and I'll be getting this butcherblock cabinet done for my kitchen.
cupboard w: wine rack.JPG

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, your son is so talented. I'd love to have that butcher block table. I have an uncle who does woodworking, but he is always too busy to make anything for me. What a good son you have to make you so many nice presents. :)

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Beautiful wood working! ..and finishing! :thumbsup
Love the butcher block! Now THAT'S a handy son!

I don't think the weather could be any more dismal out there... rain, flurries, cold, windy!.. it's surely putting my gardening behind schedule. Rainy and cold until Thursday, then I will be out cleaning gardens in rain gear, I think.:tongue

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's on the cool side around here also! :( We have not even touched our garden yet. Beautiful stuff there Smart Red! MontyJ is making me a sewing box to store all my stuff in, I will see if he allows me to post pictures. He's not happy with how it's turning out.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very nice. I should be so industrious during this rainy spell. So far just hanging out here or reading. :oops:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's on the cool side around here also! :( We have not even touched our garden yet. Beautiful stuff there Smart Red! MontyJ is making me a sewing box to store all my stuff in....

A sewing box! What a great idea! I've been looking for a sewing basket for a while. Mine is going to pot. A box just might do the trick. . . especially if it is inside an ottoman or seat.

I have a bit done in the garden. Less than the books say I should have done, but more than the weather indicates. I have been going out to work between showers, but it is not the easiest way to get things done.

Meanwhile, I am waiting for a tiller to be operational. Son and spouse worked on the 8-horse for a while then it must have moved down in priority because it's been 5 days since they suspended repairs. Son also said he would check out my mini-tiller. I know it has a leak, but think it's just a lose plastic tube. Still waiting on that as well.

Since I refuse to nag, (DH disagrees) I have to wait at least two weeks to ask if I can get the tiller out. DH says I'm nagging when I bring up a subject once a year -- every year -- at the same time, like, "Can we hook the snow blower to the tractor before it gets too cold?"

"You still on THAT subject? No one wants to use the snow blower, anyway, it's not snowing."

"Then why did we buy it?"

"It's too much trouble to put on. I'll just use the shovel."

Latest posts