Australia

Lovechooks

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new but found this forum via the Sufficient self one that I joined a few days ago!

I love gardening I have a cottage garden in Victoria, Australia, with a vegie patch and fruit trees and some herbs.

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Welcome! :welcome

Glad to see new people on here! Everyone is really helpful so feel free to jump right in if you have questions or if you have any advice for us! I would love to see some pictures of what you grow " down under". Are you in the part of Australia that has been having so much trouble with drought the last several years? Sorry I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Australian geography. Glad you found us though!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow Hi Lovechooks! :frow

:welcome

I'm in the UK & I came to TEG via BYC another of the sister forums! This is a lively place full of great people who LOVE gardening. I hope you will enjoy it here. See you around! :frow

HAPPY GARDENING! :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools

:rose Hattie :rose

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:woot Lovechooks Very Glad to see you here as well :thumbsup :welcome This is a wonderful place as well like SS. :clap
You will met some very fine folks on this site as well.

:happy_flower Karan :D

Lovechooks

Sprout
Reaction score
jlmann said:
Welcome! :welcome

Glad to see new people on here! Everyone is really helpful so feel free to jump right in if you have questions or if you have any advice for us! I would love to see some pictures of what you grow " down under". Are you in the part of Australia that has been having so much trouble with drought the last several years? Sorry I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Australian geography. Glad you found us though!
I will take some pictures. Yes we are in drought here, our town reserviour is at 13% and we are not allowed to water gardens with mains water at all where I live. We have 4 water tanks and a greywater system though to water our garden.

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you're in one of the drought prone areas. I guess you are fortunate to have tanks and a greywater system though. So what kinds of veggies do you grow? I must say I admire you for even trying when you are faced with the persistant dry conditions. That must really be a challenge. I was reading an article not too long ago in National Geographic (I think) about some of the challenges Australian farmers face , with rain at the wrong time of year and drought for years etc. I guess you could give us some lessons on water conservation! Anyway I wish you the best in dealing with tough growing conditions and again it's good to see you on here.

Latest posts