Back in Buisness (Beansness?)

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
SEED-0!!!!! YOU'RE BACK!!!!! :weee:weee:weee:weee

SO GLAD TO SEE YOU AGAIN! WHERE YA' BEEN? DON'T STAY AWAY SO LONG, HOW'S YOUR GARDEN? WHERE DID YA'LL MOVE TO? HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? GOT TWENTY BUCKS? WANNA BABYSIT? I'M OUTA GAS, CAN I BORROW YOUR CAR? STILL GOT DUCKS? CHICKENS? TURKEYS? ARE YOU ON A BIT OF ACERAGE? HOW'S THE FAMILY? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'll babysit any day if it means a vacation to Texas. More when I can make it to the library and have an actual keyboard in front of me. :)

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
0803161202.jpg
My beanie babies with my roommate in the distance waiting for the bus. :D
0803161201g.jpg
A strange bean that I found 28th three first true leaves.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great use of space there. That strip was just begging for something green and growing. Once in a while I get a weird 3 leafed bean. They've grown out normal though. It would be neat to pay closer attention and see what the offspring do.

Do you have a garden space where you are renting? My mom's landlady let her put in raised beds, but I figure most landlords wouldn't like that.

I planted half the seed I had on a couple beans that I only had a few of and my rogue banties went and scratched up a few. Most have still a couple specimens left, but they totally wiped out the Hanna Hank that Marshall sent me. :somad Still have a few seeds left, but they'll have to wait for next year. I think I'll put them in a large planter. I've always been hesitant to do that, but it looks like a few folks, including Russ, have had good luck with it.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am moved in town (downtown Mansfield Ohio) although I've lived in Yuma, Arizona and Winterhaven, California in the country for a while. I'm not in college yet but am trying to get in by this upcoming spring. The college that I want to go to is the university of Prescott Arizona. I still deciding on whether or not to take botany and their permaculuture course or botany and conservation biology. As you can tell I love the hotter climates and would like to visit other places after I get out of college to get a better idea of where I wan t to live but for now I'm here in Ohio with my family.

Last edited:

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Landlord won't let me make actual garden so I'm just using the flower beds. The neighbor let me plant her garden though, that's were I have my other 50 beans (all topcrop). I don't think that the landlord would allow potted plants inside, being allergic to dirt and just about everything else.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome backs everybody. I've just been gone having nongardening related adventures for a while. (although I did work on a lettuce field on the quechan reservation in southern CA for a short period of time.) I'm still hopping around every once in a while and planting where I can. I've d decided to grow mostly bush beans for convenience which is where the landrace thing is coming from.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just make very sure before you start that the credits transfer. My college roommate lost over a semester's worth of credits because the university would not accept all of the community college's courses. He was not happy about having to pay to take the same courses over again plus it delayed his graduation. Also, if your interest is in a bachelor's, don't worry about getting the credits you need for an associates degree. Worry about getting the credits at the less expensive community college that go toward your bachelors. The associate degree is irrelevant once you have your bachelors.