Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

ozark hen

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
There is a big Seed Planting Show and Seminars going on at Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Village Sunday and Monday, May 4 & 5!
Here is a link for all those interested in purchasing rare or heirloom seeds..
www.Rareseeds.com You can find photos and lots more info there plus contact info. Wonder if Nifty can get them as our sponsor???

Jillylam

Sprout
Reaction score
I wish I could be there. I bought seeds from them for the first time this year. I was disappointed that a few things I wanted were not available. One was their Painted Mountain Corn. I can't wait to see how the Pink Accordian Tomatoes and Cinderella Pumpkins do.

Edited for spelling

ozark hen

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Please do keep us posted on how your seeds do ok? Did they say they would keep you on a list to send when they get some more seeds or anything?
Now pink accordian tomatoes sounds interesting? Tell us about them, please?

Jillylam

Sprout
Reaction score
I'll definitely let you know how the seeds do. They didn't let me know of any options for the unavailable seeds - just refunded my money. I think their website should be updated though, so when you place an order you know then if they are sold out or not. I didn't know until my seeds arrived which ones were missing. Here are the seeds I ordered:

Rouge Vif D'Etampes - cinderella pumpkins
Connecticuit Field - pumpkins
Jack Be Little - pumpkins
Mammoth Red Rock - cabbage
Wilson's Sweet - watermelon
Jubilee - watermelon
Rocky Top - lettuce
Red Wing - lettuce
Henderson's Black Seeded Simpson - lettuce
Mama Leone - paste tomatoes
Pink Accordian - tomatoes
Amish Paste - tomatoes

The ones not available were: Purple of Sicily cauliflower, Turk's Cap pumpkins, Painted Mountain Corn, Jersey Giant Tomatoes, Cour di Blue cabbage

Here is the description for the Pink Accordians: large pink fruit ruffled like an accordian. Semi-hollow, excellent for stuffing, flavor is sweet and mild.

Everything else I got from Burpee. My gardens are getting a little bit large.

ozark hen

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
wow, you love pumpkins? :D I saw, in a craft store, a Fall tree...like a Christmas tree but decorated in raffia and pumpkins and lots of fall stuff. It was magnificent! I would never had thought of decorating a tree for fall like a Christmas tree.
Maybe if you emailed Baker Creek with a suggestion as to which products they were out of???
Your gardens sound lovely. Hope you will be able to post pics?

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I bought seeds from them last year, several varieties of pumpkins and watermelon. We started small last year. They did fabously. I was very happy with their prices and low cost shipping but you do have to get your order in early as they do sell out on things. I buy from them because I like the idea of supporting a family business and heirloom seeds.

shortcake1806

Sprout
Reaction score
I've grown the accordian tomatoes. They weren't my favorite but it looks like you're into paste type tomatoes so you'll probably like them. They were mostly hollow with very few seeds and thick walls.

I haven't ordered from Baker Creek, so I can't comment on them. I usually get my heirlooms from Heirloom Acres. Also a family run business with low prices.

Latest posts