Baking, tomorrow

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went back to this thread for a couple of reasons.

#1 I was wondering if @flowerweaver had commented on the location of Half Moon Bay, since she has admitted to growing up in Sunnyvale, right next door. Is that some kind of agricultural district? (See, I didn't want to hijack my own thread on @ninnymary 's house ;).)

#2 I'm making more pumpkin bread from the frozen pulp. No, I do not have another pumpkin to carry up from the basement.
downsize_zps1cf40e6_edit_1419202048609_zpshmql1dmk.jpg

This is a cell phone picture from further up the thread. I smile when I see this because I've flipped the picture. Yeah, the controls on my toaster oven are on the wrong side! I don't know why I did that in Paint back in December, but I did :). @Dirttiller25 might want to note how i make some simple edits on that simple program and save them. Mostly, I'm checking to make sure the photos are right side up because Paint isn't clever enough to autocorrect and fool me ;).

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, you sure make a lot of loaf's when you bake. You did know that Half Moon Bay grows a lot of pumpkins right?

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No.

It doesn't seem to fit with my distant memory of the coastal area and pumpkins ... Do they get enough sunshine? I've never been to the coast between Monterey and San Fran, however. My last visit was to see my uncle and we went to Moss Landing. I think just the name of that place conjures up what I'd expect from the miles just to the north.

Yep, DW's cinnamon rolls won't last forever! It's a windy day after a little bit of rain. I've already decided that the furnace in the greenhouse may have to run all day to keep it above 60°f and I don't want to be in the garden -- Might as well fill the house with the fragrance of baking pumpkin bread!

:) Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Half Moon Bay has grown and now there is a big pumpkin festival. Lots of pumpkin patches for the kids for halloween and you can see the fields with them.

Mary

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I grew up in Mountain View, but I have fond memories of doing things all around the Bay Area. I still have an aunt and cousins in Sacramento and Merced, friends in Oakland and San Martin. Although I was just a kid, my uncle took me to some of the Summer of Love concerts and to the Haight-Ashbury riots (!) My mother, working at the time, would have been furious to know that my 'babysitter' had dragged me along!

Latest posts