Baking, tomorrow

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
that looks good! i've been trying to find cookie recipes that don't contain dairy other than eggs. my BIL is lactose intolerant and just found out this past year. i may make some of that bread and put it in his cookie (maybe now cooking) tin for his gift.

I substituted coconut oil for the butter in cookie recipes and it works great. It just adds the faintest hint of a coconut taste to them.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh! It's apricot season in the southern hemisphere!!!

Two hour bread, @thistlebloom ? We make Mom's refrigerator roll recipe. The dough sits in the fridge overnight and is brought out to sit somewhere warm for about 6 hours before baking.

The Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Bread? Here is the same recipe I've used for several years (LINK).

:) Steve

Yes, it's 2 hours start to finish, even with 100% stone ground whole wheat flour. It's an old recipe from my grandma that makes two loaves. I've shared it somewhere here a while ago. It's so fast that I don't use any other any more.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
3 batches of cranberry jells, 3 bags of dipped pretzels and 2 batches of fudge are done, Now to bake Grandma's melt in your mouth sugar cookies and some kolache.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, it's 2 hours start to finish, even with 100% stone ground whole wheat flour. It's an old recipe from my grandma that makes two loaves. I've shared it somewhere here a while ago. It's so fast that I don't use any other any more.
July 9, 2014

There it is ... not at a time I'm giving baking very much thought.

;) Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy , pumpkin paste sauce ..? ? ?

Several years ago, I was making apple or pear butter and found a recipe for pumpkin butter. The best part of it was the raisins ...

I think it could have been cooked down so as to lend more of it's flavor. It was interesting to spread something that tasted a little like pumpkin pie on a piece of toast.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
All this fresh pumpkin cooking........at least for 2015, I will have enough space to plant pumpkins...... I just gotta try some of these recipes!

Latest posts