Banana Peppers

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Okay I know what to do with my extra jalapenos, cayenne, and bells, but what on earth can I do with the extra banana peppers? I've been eating them plain, chopping in salad, and soaking them in vinegar with the cucumbers.

Can I stuff them in jars and pour vinegar over them with my jalapenos? Can they be frozen like my bell's? ;)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I make Hot Pepper Mustard with mine. You can freeze them too, just as you would the bell peppers. Or interchange them in any recipe that calls for hot peppers, like salsa.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am growing them too, but I'm not doing the 'hot' ones. Mine are sweet. So I've been chopping them up and pickling them with garlic & mustard seeds (+ cider vinegar) and jarring them by the Quart. I use these later for salad, to top on burgers and pizzas. By the end of the season I will probably have 8-10 quart jars of them. I know I'll use them though. I just put some in with my ground meat I made tacos with last night. So yummy! :D

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They are considered "sweet" and not hot. They are just like a bell, but my four plants are EXTREMELY prolific this year.

I think I'm going to pickle them for sandwiches, like the sweet peppers I get at a local sub shop. Mmmmmm, I just found a youtube video.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So you find a youtube video and don't even share the link?! Mean! lol

I have 5 plants and are producing faster then I can pick too!!!

tinychicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Growing up in an Italian household, fried peppers made frequent appearances to the table. Especially nice as an accompaniment to pork.

Fry in a little bit of olive oil. You can add some onion and garlic if you like. Lay a few slices on a nice piece of Italian bread and enjoy. They also make a nice addition to sandwiches.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you Hangin'.... From what I see... I did mine just right! :)

However, no sugar in mine.... I got my recipe from the Minnesota Uni. website, and preferred the dill and cider vinegar recipe. YUM!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Great video but Holy Mackerel. Is she handling sliced hot peppers with bare hands? OUCH!!

Latest posts