BARN! and NEW PORCH!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just read this from page one. I am missing pictures of the barn! I have to post them to let ya'll see how it turned out.

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

This past summer it was so hot, we had our hay set in the barn. I told my husband I wanted an alley big enough to drive a cab tractor through! LOL

IMG_1023.JPG

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW! Your barn is great. I know you probably don't want to hear this but I am SO JEALOUS of your nice, dry barn. It's nothing but mud, mud, mud here. 6" deep at the barn's back door!!! It got such a suction hold on my boots yesterday that I VERY NEARLY did a face plant in the manure/mud! I thought I was going to have to abandon the boots and sock foot it out of there but finally managed to wiggle enough to free each foot, each step and made it back to the barn.

I really love following your growing farm story! It just makes my heart happy to see all that yall are accomplishing. :clap

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can tell by your writing how happy and proud you are !!!! I remember the days leading up to your closing, how much disappoint you had to deal with. Seemed like everyday bought new drama. Now you can step back and say how it was all worth it. I think the best part is how lucky your grandkids are now to have their grandparent so near.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
[ATTACH=full said:
Good looking barn Bay! I however, would like to point out a possible boo boo waiting to happen as a head's up ( yes, I have seen it happen) ... the roofing tin that is installed sideways on bottom of the wall on the inside of the barn ( behind the grey horse ) ... a horse could maybe, possibly put it's leg over the edge of that roof tin and slice it's leg skin down to the bone and possibly injure it's tendon too trying to extricate it's leg. :hu

Last edited:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm, you can be a Debbie downer at times, but I see your point on this one. Good eye. :thumbsup

@baymule I am so happy for you and your family/farm/life. You have worked so hard, and certainly deserve the good karma coming your way. It's easy to sit around and whine about what we want, but you show that with hard work and positivity, it is possible to make lemon meringue pie out of a sack of lemons! :bow

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom I had just enough poles for the barn, but one of them turned out to have a bad spot in the middle of it. We had cut and trimmed up that cedar, but I decided not to cut it for corner posts. Good thing, it went in the barn!:thumbsup

@canesisters we don't have mud. I more than paid my dues at the land we used to have--it was black gumbo clay and yes, it would suck the boots right off your feet. We had to get a neighbor to drag our portable building out with his bulldozer so we could get it moved up here. Here, we have sand. NO MUD!!! :weee

@Nyboy you are right, there was soooo much drama, trying to buy this place and get moved. Whew! It was so worth it, we love being here and being close to our 3 grand daughters. We have a surprise being delivered for them Saturday--a horse. He's 8 years old, 13 hands (small) dead broke, dead gentle, good natured, just what I've been looking for since we got here. Can't wait!

Thank you @ninnymary ! :love

You are right @bobm that tin was temporary. That side of the barn now is sporting our pile of lumber!

Thank you @so lucky we have worked hard. We still have a long way to go, but we have come so far!

Latest posts