canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
spit coffee.gif
... closet corn

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thats my problem. Looks great at first, then boom! :barnieHere comes the weeds. :heTomatoes take off and fall over even tho I use ties, or weave them in and out thru the cattle panel. :huThe nice tidy spacious rows get overgrown with fast growing plants like zuccini, squash, greenbeans all fighting for the same space. :idunnoIts a vegetable free for all. :rainbowflower
LOL :gigHave you been checking out our garden? Yours sound exactly like ours! With both of us retired by peak garden season we hope to do better this year. :fl

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
But have you ever had to crawl through a tomato/cucumber tunnel dragging your bucket behind you?
:gig:lol::gig

That's what we call a "secret garden" Cane.
When the world gets to be a little much you just escape to your little tunnel and do some harvesting, haha.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
But have you ever had to crawl through a tomato/cucumber tunnel dragging your bucket behind you?
:gig:lol::gig
Doesn't everyone? ;) I just can't imagine a flat garden, the hiding places are what makes it special... a green fantasy world of our own making.

Add pole beans to that vision. Bean tunnels are where I go to escape in late Summer, where I can sit & listen to the bees swarming on the pole limas, and watch the hummers flit about the runner beans. Tomato tunnels are where I hide while waiting to ambush the grandson... who eventually returns the favor. Good times.

Latest posts