Baymule’s 2020 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have had to lay cow panels to keep her from tunneling under the house. I built her a dog cave with 2 sheets of plywood for a top, plywood on the sides and she got mad and destroyed it. She came in heat, we had to Hotwire the fence to keep her in, so she vented her frustrations on her dog cave. She tore chunks off, chewed the supports and collapsed it. It looks terrible but she loves it. She has a den dug out under the mess. It fills with water in a hard rain so she moves to her dog house. It looks like I abuse my dog, but she is happy with her remodeling efforts. Oh, we did get her spayed and it improved her attitude but just a little. She is an excellent Sheep and chicken guard and kills snakes. She is crazy, so we just accept her as she is, quirks and all. She is old now and weirder than ever. Some day we can have a nice back yard, for now it belongs to Paris.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I picked a wash pan of tomatoes, a dozen Thai long beans, a handful of Kentucky Wonder beans, and a gob of yet even more eggplant. I got the eggplant in the freezer, KW beans are in the refrigerator until I get enough to can, tomatoes on the table to finish ripening.

Since I now have the weed cloth weeded, I’m going out this morning to plant sweet corn. Got to water everything too. Been heaving those stupid seedy watermelons over the fence to the pigs. They go to slaughter August 24, ready for pork chops!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got sweet corn planted yesterday, 95 seeds in the ground, watered well. I have shelled out my Texas Painted Mountain corn that I marked the row for seed, and the Idaho row too. Got yo freeze it to knock out any bugs. Then I need to shell out the rest so I can make some cornmeal!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH and I peeled and deseeded some tomatoes to make salsa tomorrow. That’s for the chunky tomatoes, most is sauce I cook down.

This is what I picked this morning.

B75B8FCF-65BF-437B-8C96-0957BCC1D2A0.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn’t do any canning today, we had other things to do. I picked another wash pan of tomatoes this evening. I have 128 tomatoes on the table, most are ripe enough to process. I’ll be in the kitchen all day tomorrow!

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mine arent doing so great. Even though they get watered or it thankfully rains, not getting too many from them. Some are rotted on the bottoms and not even close to the ground. Even if I get a dozen quart jars to can that will be good but the more the better.
Beans kinda petered out already. First pick we got only 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket. Second pick was 2 overflowing buckets. Third pick, barely 3/4. Watering the garden dudnt help much. Would soak it down and the next day it was dry as a bone its been so hot I think it evaporated.
Will get what I can until its done. Just have to figure out what to plant for fall.