Baymule’s 2020 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Must be nice to have fresh tomatoes. I’m happy for you.... (grumble, mutter, /$$;&,)

So how do you beat peach salsa? As a desert, side dish, etc?

My favorite way to beat peach salsa is with the bent bumper off the back of my husband’s truck. If lifting a bumper over your head in order to properly beat the peach salsa proves too difficult, a baseball bat makes an acceptable substitute.

Oh, I used one of those ripe tomatoes to make pico de gallo today to go with the enchiladas I made. It was delicious!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you have extra ripe peaches, you might give a thought to making a peach barbecue sauce.

I have yet to try this. It wouldn't be a good way to preserve a lot of fruit in this household but it really sounds tasty to me.

The recipes I find are all over the board. With brown sugar, with honey. With bourbon, without. Ginger. Allspice. Jalapenos. Ancho peppers ... Even looking at recipes rated 4 stars - Sunset, Williams Sonoma, Food Network - there is no consistent choice of ingredients.

Except the ripe peaches, which sounds delicious :)

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our neighbor lady that has been away in the National Guard got home late last night. She’s coming over this afternoon after visiting family.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Must be nice to have fresh tomatoes. I’m happy for you.... (grumble, mutter, /$$;&,)

So how do you beat peach salsa? As a desert, side dish, etc?

cold on corn chips on a hot day. salty, crunchy, sweet oniony peachy, some heat from chilis if you use them, cilantro is a must in it for me, but i know others don't always like cilantro. i could eat a gallon of it if we had it. rite neow! :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you have extra ripe peaches, you might give a thought to making a peach barbecue sauce.

I have yet to try this. It wouldn't be a good way to preserve a lot of fruit in this household but it really sounds tasty to me.

The recipes I find are all over the board. With brown sugar, with honey. With bourbon, without. Ginger. Allspice. Jalapenos. Ancho peppers ... Even looking at recipes rated 4 stars - Sunset, Williams Sonoma, Food Network - there is no consistent choice of ingredients.

Except the ripe peaches, which sounds delicious :)

Steve

i canned up a bunch of what i called peach lemon sauce and it was a great start to a bbq sauce. it was originally meant to be turned into peach butter, but i got tired of making it after one batch so i just put up the other 20 pints as peach lemon sauce instead.

i also note that peach jam with hot peppers in it is really fine stuff too!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5

Latest posts