Baymule’s 2020 Garden

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we keep it clean in between events, but during there are chances of mayhem and messes that will eventually get cleaned up. in the kitchen. i say nothing about my room. i don't worry about deep cleaning my room as long as the bean harvest is going because the dust and dirt will keep coming, but i spot clean to keep it from getting to the muddy trails extent of things. today i'm certainly not contemplating any more cleaning inside. i've done enough dishes already. it's time to relax a bit and contemplate the insides of my eyelids...

Mom made a bunch of cookies this morning and then we had lunch with my brother and SIL. i don't really want to see another dish today to wash...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
So much... so beautiful... so clean. It's almost creepy. :lol: I almost have to hose my kitchen down after making salsa.
Haha, I like the creepy comment! LOL. The large kitchen was what sold me on the house. Now you see why I don't have a single weed in my garden? :lol:

Mary

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's time to relax a bit and contemplate the insides of my eyelids...

Mom made a bunch of cookies this morning and then we had lunch with my brother and SIL. i don't really want to see another dish today to wash...
Cookies make pretty good sleeping pills, especially with a cup of hot cocoa... 😴

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cookies make pretty good sleeping pills, especially with a cup of hot cocoa... 😴

i avoided eating a lot of them, which is good, i also kept things light for lunch, nap went well, then outside for an hour of putting up gardens and using up some of the fireplace ashes i've had stockpiled here specifically for the garden i'm messing in now. :)

felt good to move a bit.

we have a ton of ripe bananas here and ice-cream so we're both thinking ice-cream sundaes aka banana splits for dinner. this kind of diet is probably not the best for me but if i only do it once a month that's ok right? :) Right? RIGHT?!!!??!!?? lol i'm actually sticking to my weight goals the past few months so it really is ok.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of my customers asked for more jars of sliced jalapeños. I told them how DH and I made a lot of jalapeño poppers, baked them 15 minutes, let them cool, vacuum sealed and froze them.

So today I go to the garden to check jalapeños. I picked 280! I had help from Sentry.

4FA7E4BB-5041-4783-A51B-1321847A58CB.jpeg

I sent a picture to my customer. They wanted canned jalapeños, I reminded them of pre-making the poppers. She went right down to Walmart and bought a food saver. They wanted 5 dozen fresh jalapeños to make poppers.

I got 7 quarts of sliced jalapeños and counted out 6 dozen fresh jalapeños, tossed in a free dozen. They were delighted. I have gotten over 800 jalapeños from 6 plants.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
i avoided eating a lot of them, which is good, i also kept things light for lunch, nap went well, then outside for an hour of putting up gardens and using up some of the fireplace ashes i've had stockpiled here specifically for the garden i'm messing in now. :)

felt good to move a bit.

we have a ton of ripe bananas here and ice-cream so we're both thinking ice-cream sundaes aka banana splits for dinner. this kind of diet is probably not the best for me but if i only do it once a month that's ok right? :) Right? RIGHT?!!!??!!?? lol i'm actually sticking to my weight goals the past few months so it really is ok.
Bananas are fruit, full of fiber and potassium. They are good for you. Ice cream is milk and cream, dairy is good for you. The sugar in the ice cream is from sugar beets, they are a vegetable and good for you. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay'

do you and Sentry have a jalapeño popper variety to recommend?

Mucho Nacho is just too hot for poppers. They had a much better year than the Early jalapeño that I usually grow. I am now remembering that I grew these Mucho Nacho that time that I had Tam, which has very little heat. Then, I mixed the fruit at harvest. The only way to detect heat was to take a bite. It was NOT a good experience!

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know the variety, it was a little 6 pack of plants I grabbed on a whim. I'm guessing they are a hybrid, as most bought plants are hybrids. I'll save seed and see what happens next year. These plants have gone over and above on production. These have been the best producers in the entire garden.

Latest posts