Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Big hugs to you. I am so sorry.
Thank you. ❤️

I took fecal samples from the ewes this morning and I’m very pleased. The worming regimen I did on them worked very well. Hopefully the lambs will also do as well. Coccidia goes into the intestines lining and does damage, sometimes irreversible. Those damaged lambs will go to auction when they have recovered. Only the strong healthy lambs will be for sale or if I keep them for the flock.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule, do you grow a garden?
Not yet. I’m trying to get infrastructure in place so I know where I want to put a garden. I’ve tried container gardening, but the heat cooked what managed to come up last year and this year has been a deluge since January. My potatoes came up in the tubs I planted them in, but the potatoes rotted from all the rain.
@Carol Dee sent me curly willows, the first time. I coddled them, they rooted and in the spring I tenderly planted them in tubs outside. I was moving sheep from one gate to another and they ran for the tubs, pulled them up and ate them. Carol sent me more. I planted them in tubs, and fenced them off. There have been very few days of sunshine for months and lots of rain. I’m sorry @Carol Dee, the second ones drowned, they rotted. I’m not making progress here.

I have a vision of a nice yard, raised beds for a garden, a cow panel bent over a walkway with a flowering vine. A nice garden! This picture is in my head, nobody sees it but me. Sigh…… And I want a bird bath too! 😃

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not yet. I’m trying to get infrastructure in place so I know where I want to put a garden. I’ve tried container gardening, but the heat cooked what managed to come up last year and this year has been a deluge since January. My potatoes came up in the tubs I planted them in, but the potatoes rotted from all the rain.
@Carol Dee sent me curly willows, the first time. I coddled them, they rooted and in the spring I tenderly planted them in tubs outside. I was moving sheep from one gate to another and they ran for the tubs, pulled them up and ate them. Carol sent me more. I planted them in tubs, and fenced them off. There have been very few days of sunshine for months and lots of rain. I’m sorry @Carol Dee, the second ones drowned, they rotted. I’m not making progress here.

I have a vision of a nice yard, raised beds for a garden, a cow panel bent over a walkway with a flowering vine. A nice garden! This picture is in my head, nobody sees it but me. Sigh…… And I want a bird bath too! 😃
I see it 🌺 Someday it will happen. No worries about the willows. We can try again when things get settled more. Praying for the rains to lesson.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Keep that vision and it will eventually happen

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I weaned lambs on Saturday, separating the ram lamb’s from the ewe lambs. The noise was deafening! They have settled down now and are doing fine.

I wound up losing 8 lambs. There is a scrawny ram lamb that I will butcher for dog meat. There is just no point in trying to “save” him. There is a small ewe lamb that I’m watching closely. Other than that, they all are ok.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow Bay, I am just catching up on your farm. You went through a lot but it seems like you've turned the corner.
Knowing you, you will be back on your feet in no time. Sorry about the loss of the lambs especially that pretty one.
Hoping things dry up some and your road gets repaired soon and well.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
A family came Saturday and bought a registered ram lamb from me, plus 2 of my ewes that are recorded in the breed up program. They drove 100 miles to get here, they even brought lunch! I made a blackberry cobbler and had plenty of lemonade and iced tea. We had a great time. I set up the microscope and I taught the girls how to analyze fecal samples for worms. I gave them printed instructions to take home. We loaded their new sheep and they went home. It was a fun day.