BAYMULE FINALLY HAS SHEEP!!!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Mary. :D

Absolutely beautiful, Bay...all of you! Those lambs all look sturdy and healthy as all get out. Can't wait to see more pics as they grow and pics of them longside their mamas and such. Does my heart good and also brings back memories....oh, how I LOVE sheep! :love

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Precious pics with your beautiful granddaughter, bay. Definitely the perfect reason to up root yourself and move. I couldn't imagine not being close to my grands. Having the opportunity to grow up with country living is good for the grands, too.

DH looks well. That's a very good thing!

Your small flock is growing. Soon it won't be a small one at all.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stop teasing, thistlebloom!

That is the way of the farmers' world and you know it. Not every cow, sheep, goat, rabbit, chicken, etc. is destined to become a beloved family pet. What needs to be done is done (often for the animal's own well-being) and the animals we raise share the best type of life we can provide for them until it is their time to do what they were intended to do. . . feed us.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom I cut because I don't have a bander. I also wanted to know how to do it. Next time I will do it myself.

@ninnymary your southern accent is coming right along! Your latent Texan is showing! :gig

@Beekissed @Smart Red @Nyboy I am having a blast. Our grand daughter spent Monday with us and when her mom came to pick her up, she brought 2 little girls that are playmates to our grand daughter. They got the grand farm tour, they held baby lambs, they got to hold Dottie, the pet SLW hen, they climbed on the round bale of hay, rode the Kawasaki mule, sat on Joe the horse and played hide n' seek with Parker the dog. It was amusing to watch our grand daughter lead the tour like she was a seasoned farmer. :lol: This is what we moved here for!

I am building the lean-to off the side of the portable building for the sheep now. It will be 24' long and 20' out from the building. Today our neighbor Robert worked with me on the lean-to and the ewes kept coming to supervise. They were so funny, sticking their nose in buckets to see if there was something for them to eat. Sheepalicious is the boldest and she BAAA'D at me wanting her treat. I enjoy them so much.

Latest posts