BAYMULE FINALLY HAS SHEEP!!!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay or Bee can confirm this, but isn't one of the advantages to hair sheep the lack of that sheepie taste?

I cannot attest to the taste of mutton of either type of sheep but I can for the lambs and it's like night and day to taste a woolly lamb and the hair lambs...the woollies have a strong flavor that most people try to mask with lots and lots of herbs and garlic, while the hair lamb tastes sweet and mild, the most tender meat I've ever eaten...sort of just melts in your mouth and you barely have to chew, it's that tender. Succulent is the word I'm looking for...not too often you get to use that word, but that's the most apt description of the hair lamb meat.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a fantastic idea!!! :celebrate AT LAST!!!:ya :ya A BRAIN for @seedcorn :clap

The neighbors wonder what that early morning braying is, and why Seed is chasing all the dogs....

braying mule.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Brand new lamb born Monday morning!! Lady Baa Baa is her mom and her name is Lily. Our grand daughter was out of school Monday and spent the day with us. She promptly named the new lamb! The only thing cuter than a new lamb is my grand daughter holding a new lamb!

IMG_0112.JPG

WHY are my pictures sideways?????? @Support can you help me please? My pictures are right side up in my file in the computer and sideways here. AAARRRGGGHH!!! :barnie

Here comes another sideways picture..... our grand daughter named the ewe lambs, the white one is Snowflake and the black one with the white leg and tail is Zebra. YAY!!! It is right side up!!! :ya I did nothing different :idunno

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The two ram lambs were cut today. Russell, our neighbor that is building our barn said he could do it, so after lunch, we went to the sheep pen. I caught the ram lambs and held their front and back legs, cradled them in my lap and Russell castrated them. It looked pretty easy and I think next year I will try it myself. Only one of them bleated, and that was for his mommy. I set them down and they scampered off to their moms. The rams, now they are wethers, will be raised up for slaughter and sold.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Awww, those are great pictures Bay!
I really like the second one with your granddaughter and the white lamb, very sweet.
The four of you together is a keeper too. :)

Just curious why you cut rather than banded?

Latest posts