Baymule's 2018 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, wasn't the weather today just lovely? It was 28 this morning in the barn, but warmed up to a nice Texas 60 by mid afternoon. :) Finally all my ice buckets around the yard have melted.
Yes, it was awesome. Right now it is 50-ish, partly cloudy and a 50% chance of rain today and tomorrow. NO ICE! :weee

chic rustler

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It's thundering and lightening right now. Our Great Pyrenees, Trip, was on the porch licking the window glass. Dunno why he licks the window, but he wants IN away from the thunder monster.

Rain just started pouring hard. Trip is sprawled out on the floor, blissfully asleep.

The rain got us as we were driving to our deer stand in a mule. Needless to say we were soaked by the time we got there. But the deer and turkey came out from the woodwork after it quit

RUNuts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I find the wild turkey firmer with stronger flavor. Compare a wild duck to a grocery store chicken. There is a large difference. I prefer the stronger flavor.

So if the frost date says mid February, I need to start the tomato seedlings now? 5 weeks out.

Got some T posts. Now to figure a gate into the plans. What is the easiest way? Just large enough for me and a wheel barrow to harvest all the tomatoes in.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I find the wild turkey firmer with stronger flavor. Compare a wild duck to a grocery store chicken. There is a large difference. I prefer the stronger flavor.

So if the frost date says mid February, I need to start the tomato seedlings now? 5 weeks out.

Got some T posts. Now to figure a gate into the plans. What is the easiest way? Just large enough for me and a wheel barrow to harvest all the tomatoes in.

Yes, start your tomatoes now. This is a pallet gate from the first garden we had at our new place in 2015. The green plastic mesh has been replaced by wire and the pallet has been replaced by a 12' metal gate. But the pallet gate worked at the time. Just drive a T-post down one end of it and it becomes your "hinge".

garden-4-12-15-jpg.7245

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's thundering and lightening right now. Our Great Pyrenees, Trip, was on the porch licking the window glass. Dunno why he licks the window, but he wants IN away from the thunder monster.

Rain just started pouring hard. Trip is sprawled out on the floor, blissfully asleep.

We didn't get any rain until late evening, around 9-9:30 or so. The lights blinked out, then came back on. We got about .7 inches.

Latest posts