Baymule's 2018 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 35 now, it will be snowing somewhere around 2 AM. We are planning on staying in tomorrow, but have to go to town on Wednesday. The bright spot is that it won't last long, so I won't have to tote buckets of boiling water from the house to water the animals. It won't be above freezing for a few days. @henless winter can bring it on! LOL

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey Bay, how's it goin at your place? We got some snow, about 2" or so. Looks pretty, ready for it to go away, LOL!

IMG_5531.JPG

RUNuts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
3 "snows", and I use the term loosely, in the same winter in Houston. Whoda thunk it?

We got ice pellets. Everyone got sent home. Cute. Real cute.

60's for the weekend. Wet, wet, wet. May get to play with the post pounder.

@baymule I would like to say that you are adorable in your coat and rolled up pants. :hugs

What does everyone use to start seeds? Store bought dirt?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I couldn't stand it, I planted 5 flats of seeds. I used the Jiffy peat pellets, just add water and they grow! Each flat holds 65 Jiffy pellets.

IMG_2423.JPG

Ready to plant.

IMG_2425.JPG

A little friend looking for spring.

IMG_2424.JPG

1 flat Yellow Pod Sweet peas, 1 flat Sugar Snap peas, 1 flat Tendril Snow peas, 1 flat Cherokee Purple tomatoes, 30 Motrgage Lifter tomatoes, 10 Artichoke seeds, 80 Broccoli, and a few other things including 30 Passion Flower seeds.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule any warm snap we get this winter we are finding plenty of box elder bugs inside. funny how different years have different friends coming inside. some years it has been lady beetles. other years squash bugs. this year box elder bugs... we both agree that box elder bugs are the best of the three. they don't smell when you catch 'em... :)

peat plug potting planting plotting performed perfectly princess! :)

Latest posts