Baymule's 2018 Garden

RUNuts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
1 flat Yellow Pod Sweet peas, 1 flat Sugar Snap peas, 1 flat Tendril Snow peas, 1 flat Cherokee Purple tomatoes, 30 Motrgage Lifter tomatoes, 10 Artichoke seeds, 80 Broccoli, and a few other things including 30 Passion Flower seeds.

Perchance, whence did you get the maypop seeds? They are high on my list. How is germination rate and transplanting? Are there better eating varieties?

I cleaned *some* of the garage before supper called and found a flat of those peat pellets that Crazy Lady drug home and stored. Got a start!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@RUNuts I picked a ripened fruit off the ground from a vine that I had admired the deep purple flower on it that it bears. It was at a friends house. Maypops grew wild on some property we used to own, but alas, I did not get any of the vines or seeds before we sold the land. So, I don't know anything about growing from seed, but I'm going to give it a go. I will be delighted to share with you any success I have.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I couldn't stand it, I planted 5 flats of seeds. I used the Jiffy peat pellets, just add water and they grow! Each flat holds 65 Jiffy pellets.

View attachment 24145

Ready to plant.

View attachment 24147

A little friend looking for spring.

View attachment 24146

1 flat Yellow Pod Sweet peas, 1 flat Sugar Snap peas, 1 flat Tendril Snow peas, 1 flat Cherokee Purple tomatoes, 30 Motrgage Lifter tomatoes, 10 Artichoke seeds, 80 Broccoli, and a few other things including 30 Passion Flower seeds.

how about a update on your seedlings.....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am late to the conversation! It was fun to read all the comments and kidding as usual. Our post pounder does not have handles !!!! WHAT ? Looks like a T-post puller is a gift idea for DH ;) We spent last weekend deciding what to order for seed and DH even got anxious and has some tomatoes and peppers started.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee I LOVE my T-post puller! I like tools anyway, but my T-post puller is just freakin' awesome! I will have some Mortgage Lifter and Cherokee Purple seeds coming to you next week, or is it this week? Regardless, in a few days. LOL

@majorcatfish I have peas up and tomatoes are breaking the peat pellets and coming up.

I have flats in the bathtub again and in a window on a table. I bit the bullet and ordered LED lights, can't wait until they get here!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee I LOVE my T-post puller! I like tools anyway, but my T-post puller is just freakin' awesome! I will have some Mortgage Lifter and Cherokee Purple seeds coming to you next week, or is it this week? Regardless, in a few days. LOL

@majorcatfish I have peas up and tomatoes are breaking the peat pellets and coming up.

I have flats in the bathtub again and in a window on a table. I bit the bullet and ordered LED lights, can't wait until they get here!
I will be watching the mail. Thank you.

Latest posts