"Be careful mam, your plants are showing!"

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have a garden experiment going on right now, before it got really cold I took a tomato and a pepper plant out of the garden and potted each and put them in an east facing window, which also faces the street, I have a couple of flourescent grow lights on them. I'm trying to see if I can get peppers and tomatoes to harvest through the winter. Well the other night I forgot to turn the lights out just past dusk, so the plants and lights were clearly visible from the street. This slightly intoxicated individual happened to be driving by, when he came to a sudden stop in front of the house and just stared for a few moments then he came rushing up to the house to tell us to be "careful" b/c our "plants" could clearly be seen from the road!!!! lol lol lol

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is too funny!! Every year when I start my tomatoes inside, I expect a knock at the door. They claim the electric companies look for that kind of spike in use....Did you tell the "helpful" person they were tomatoes? and did he believe you?

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes, and no, but have you ever tried to reason w/ an intoxicated person? :he With my job, sadly I have to every week, and haven't found a successful way yet.