Beautiful and a lengthy bloomer.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I purchased 5 or 6 of these from a co-worker a few years ago. He called them a "cup" plant. They certainly don't appear to be "cup and saucer" plant, but I really don't know what they are. They have a lenghty bloom period. And the foliage stays green right up until it snows. It is really a wonderful addition to my garden. I just don't know what it is.

8199_white_flower.jpg

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
It's a campanula, probably campanula carpatica "White Clips". How tall is it?
They are about 2 ft tall. The majority of the foliage stays in a clump on the ground and then shoots up the flowers on the long stems with minimal foliage.

Thank you! You are correct. This is exactly what it is. The white is such a crisp white. I love it!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When they close do they look like little balloons? :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stubbornhillfarm said:
thistlebloom said:
It's a campanula, probably campanula carpatica "White Clips". How tall is it?
They are about 2 ft tall. The majority of the foliage stays in a clump on the ground and then shoots up the flowers on the long stems with minimal foliage.

Thank you! You are correct. This is exactly what it is. The white is such a crisp white. I love it!
Oopsie, I gave you the wrong name, it's actually campanula persicifolia the leaves aren't right for c. carpitica and it's taller.
I believe Vfem was thinking of Balloon flower (platycoden) which is very, very similar and actually in the same general family. :)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We call them balloon flowers (I have one in blue) or Japanese Bellflower.

ETA: Oh, I see they are related then...