Beavis's 2012 Garden

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
67 degrees in January! Time for planting...

Here are two incredible looking Jerusalem Artichoke tubers I bought today from the local nursery...

p1010866.jpg

See you soon!

p1010867.jpg

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Beavis...is that grid panel one of those concrete reinforcement ones? Why and how do you use it? especially on top of the radishes?
Yes, its concrete reinforcement wire. So many uses in the garden year after year.

I am using it in these newly planted beds to keep my two beagles from digging and snooping around in them.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Green with envy! I can just about smell that warm dirt...63 days till spring!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm with you lesa, Spring just can't get here quick enough. Winter hasn't been too bad with a snow drought in the northeast.
I think mother nature is giving us a break after the record snow last year. What I would give to be able to start digging again......:barnie

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah, I think we have a ways to go. Over here in the West, we haven't had a drop of rain or snow for 2 months now, though it's been plenty cold! Definitely not a good thing. I know the farmers and ranchers who depend on water for their livelihoods are really sweating right now. I'm just hoping our well doesn't go dry. . . Beavis, you guys haven't had any rain either, have you?

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
skeeter9 said:
Yeah, I think we have a ways to go. Over here in the West, we haven't had a drop of rain or snow for 2 months now, though it's been plenty cold! Definitely not a good thing. I know the farmers and ranchers who depend on water for their livelihoods are really sweating right now. I'm just hoping our well doesn't go dry. . . Beavis, you guys haven't had any rain either, have you?
For 2012, we have had one small storm and apparently one is due this weekend.

But yep, its unusually dry for winter so far...not good news.

Of course, last year we had a large rainfall amount....

Latest posts