Bedbugs And Landfill

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do the bed bugs flea when the Beagles show up?

THANX RICH
No, they just smell them and confirm their presence. The Mark Hopkins in S.F. calls a trainer with his beagle named "Radar" whenever a hotel guests claims they have been biten. Since it could have happened elsewhere, they want to confirm there are bedbugs before they take the necessary action.

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are beagles that are trained and use in hotels to detect bedbugs.

Mary

My neighbor said the bug guy used a German Shepherd to go through the house and sniff for them. He wasn't your average Orkin guy. Came from out of state somewhere.

I heard that head lice are becoming increasingly difficult to treat, becoming resistant to Permethrin and Pyrethrin.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Going to show off my ignorance here... but aren't they very similar to fleas? So ... why wouldn't IGR 'whole house' flea treatment take care of them?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
The news here makes them out to be super bugs that poison will not kill. White Plains movie theater had them, was on front page of local paper for a week.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
The news here makes them out to be super bugs that poison will not kill. White Plains movie theater had them, was on front page of local paper for a week.

I'd like to see one of those "Raid Roach Motel" demonstrations on them... You know, the kind where they put a bunch of bugs in a little dish, spray bug spray around them, then let them loose and watch them croak.
Hard to believe it's so easy to kill a roach but so hard to kill a bed bug......

Latest posts