Been so warm here

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday morning it was 21* with frost that lasted untill noon. This morning it was 34* and a drizzle, rain with some snow mix and possible snow with gentle breezes for the next week. While 30 miles away at the Columbia River Gorge, freezing rain turning the roads to black ice on the road surface with wind up to 80mph is causing many accidents and highway closures on both sides of the river ( Ore. / Wa.)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am having Carol Dee's light rain and dash of snow overnight. A dusting I can handle. The temperatures are still moderating for the next week and I am loving this crisp, but not frigid December weather.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are still having 50-60s here, 40s at night, which is just unheard of at this time of year...I'm sitting next to an open window as I type this. El Nino? Will have sunny and 50-60s next week as well...little rain here and there.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
The sun never did make its expected showing through the clouds, but the temps reached just above 40 degrees (F), so all is good in south-est, central-est Wisconsin weather-wise today.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It rained today. Not much, a couple hours of medium steady rain. Better than nothing. I was surprised it didn't snow up at the cabin, only rain.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rain! I mean, real rain.

I was out at 6:30am and it was raining and had rained. Garbage day, I walked to garage, out to road, back to garage, to road ... When I went into the house, I couldn't see any dampness to my clothes, didn't need to clean my glasses. It was the "typical rain" we have been having just about all year, next to nothing ...

Then, it began to RAIN :). We have had a half inch so far, doesn't look like it will stop. There is just about 1" forecast for tomorrow, including tomorrow night. Yay!

THEN. Be forewarned neighbors, another windstorm on Wednesday ... shouldn't, cannot, be as bad as a couple weeks ago.

Steve

Latest posts